Gudge Heath Lane, Fareham

A total of 115 dwellings, comprising a mixture of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom semi-detached and terraced houses and four storey apartment blocks, have been constructed at this site.

Eastwood and Partners designed the foundations and ground floors. The ground conditions included highly shrinkable London Clay and therefore tree circles to show the influencing distance and depth of trees were produced and the footing depths designed to the NHBC Standards. A mixture of strip and trench fill footings were used over approximately 60% of the site, with piled foundations due to deep made ground across the remaining 40%. Precast suspended and beam and block floors were used throughout.

Eastwood and Partners also carried out geotechnical and geo-environmental site investigations, as well as coordinating the extensive contamination remediation works on both sites due to the former uses as a commercial laundry and a Ministry of Defence fuel oil depot.

Client: Bryant Homes Southern Counties
Contractor: Westmode